The pre-trip inspection is a requirement for your driver's test and is usually tested before the parking and driving. Learn the following steps.
Inspect and recite the following:
1. No leaks or obstructions under the car.
2. Seat belt & door in working order.
3. Mirror & windshield secure.
4. Wiperblade un-perished.
5. Tyre tread & pressure checked, wheel secure
6. Headlights & bonnet secure.
7. Water, oil, brake fluid & fanbelt checked.
8. Left side of car same as previous.
9. licence disc valid & petrol cap secure.
10. Back window & tail lights secure / not cracked, boot securely closed.
11. Back door & tyre same as previous.
Additional tips for pre-trip inspection
- Remember to speak clearly during your inspection.
- Start at the driver's side and then walk slowly and counter clockwise around the car. Doing so will make it easier to remember the steps.